There are 4 different Paths to choose from in Wildstar, each very different. One path is great for killers and another is great for explorers or social players and Wildstar caters to what you like to do! Wildstar caters to your style of game play with a choice of being an Explorer, Scientist, Warrior or Settler. Below is detailed information on each Path as well as Path Leveling.
So what do these Paths get you? Well, there are 30 ranks to the Path system and each Path earns 3 abilities. These 3 abilities increase in power over time are are listed further down this page under each Path type and some of them are badass. Leveling your Path also grants titles, bags, costumes, and home deco.!
|Ability 1||4, 14, 27|
|Ability 2||4, 5 (6 for Settlers), 18, 29|
|Ability 3||10, 23, 30|
|Bags||3, 7, 12, 17, 22, 30|
|Ground Mount Flair||rear at rank 26, side at rank 28|
|Titles||2, 6, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30|
|Festival FABkit - Scientist and Settlers||5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 29|
Scientist set goals for themselves in-game to complete these goals as efficiently as possible. These goals include mission impossible tasks, obtaining amazeballs treasure, and keeping a high in-game status. Scientists are over-achievers.
|Holographic Distraction||Dazes the target with holographic imagery.|
|Summon Group||Pretty self explanatory; the CD does decrease from 60-30 sec. depending on rank.|
|Create a Portal - Capital City||Again, pretty self explanatory. This CD decreases from 120-60 sec. depending on rank.|
- Analysis - Figure it out.
- Archaeology - Study relics, robots, and machines.
- Biology Discover cool creatures.
- Botany - Herbs.
- Catalog Write down all that knowledge.
- Chemistry Exotic materials and alien compounds.
- Diagnostics Handle a problem.
- Field Study - Study cultures of the natives.
- Datacube Decryption - Find and study all Eldan Datacubes.
- Experimentation - uhhh....experiment with things.
- Lore - discover the lore of the inhabitants.
Explorers of course want to explore and know all about the game world. They're a source for information and look to find secrets and search out hidden knowledge.
|Explorer's Safe Fall||Fall damage reduced from 15-45% depending on rank.|
|Air Brakes||Stops imd-air for a split second jump.|
|Translocate Beacon||Saves your current position to teleport to later!|
- Cartography Make maps by traveling and charting unexplored territory.
- Exploration Find hidden locations.
- Expedition Explore every piece of the unknown.
- Operations Get the job done.
- Scavenger Hunt - Find a list of hard-to-get items.
- Staking Claim - Claim some territory.
- Surveillance Spy on the enemy.
- Tracking Track enemies.
The killers path. They pwn.
And then they pwn some more.
|Back into the Fray||Restores you to full power with a couple conditions. The CD on this decreases from 30-15 sec depending on rank.|
|Bail Out!||Teleport your party to safety; this CD goes from 30-20 sec depending on rank.|
|Combat Supply Drop||Call down a weapon locker for your party! The locker will have 1-3 wepons depending on rank!|
- Assassination track down and eliminate the enemy.
- Demolition blow up stuff.
- Rescue Op - save hostages.
- SWAT special Weapons And Tactics.
- Holdout - Conquer - defend your territory.
- Holdout - First Strike - kill the enemy before reinforcement is called.
- Holdout - Protect - defend allies.
- Holdout - Security - defend against stealing criminals.
- Holdout - Timed - survive the onslaught until the timer ends!
- Holdout - Fortify - use the defenses to prevent your target from being destroyed.
Settlers are social. Settlers like role-play.
|Settler's Campfire||Spawn a campfire for warmth.|
|Summon: Mail Box||Get your mail.|
|Summon: Vendbot||Summons a venbot for 60-120 sec. depending on rank.|
|Summon: Crafting Station||Summons a crafting station.|
- Expansion Build for the well being of others.
- Civil Defense - Lend a hand with the town’s guards.
- Supply Cache - Gather supplies.
- Project - Build necessary buildings.
- Public Service - Do a good deed.