The absolute best Gw2 Armorsmith Guides based on the actual crafting formulas by Arena Net. These Gw2 Armorsmithing Guides help you level Armorsmithing crafting skill to 400 with the least amount of materials.
- Gw2 Armorsmithing Leveling Guide is a super fast guide to 400.
- Gw2 Armorsmithing Recipe List every Guild Wars 2 recipe.
- Gw2 Crafting Formulas shows why this method is the most efficient way of crafting.
- Gw2 Leveling Guide a review of other leveling guides we recommend trying.
This Guild Wars 2 Armorsmithing Guide is Weird
We suggest No farming, No tools required, and Occasionally crafting a recipe in bulk.
We know this is an odd concept, but give it a chance and we believe you will soon agree.
If you read the Gw2 Crafting Formulas article you will understand that discovering recipes yield the most crafting experience (cExp), where crafting in bulk is only 1/2 as good. This leaves everything else to be not very optimal.
The entire journey from 1 to 400 in Armorsmithing should take about 60 minutes total.
Because of this, we focus the entire Gw2 Armorsmithing Leveling Guide on buying the components rather than gathering or buying raw mats.
But is this going to cost tons of gold and karma? Nope, not at all.
Example: From 1 – 25 it takes 37 pieces that you have to buy and it took us about 3.5 silver to do it. If we were to farm these items it would take a ton of time. If we were to buy all the copper or jute required, it would have set us back 7 silver alone. One Bone Chip or a Tiny Claw can go for as much as 50 copper. OUCH!
But does the cost still stay low for higher level components? Yes, they actually do remain cheaper than the raw materials it takes to build them. On occasion you may have to build something; it is possible but it is rare. When a component is not on the Trading Post (TP) just go request some to be built at your suggested price and shazam they will do it.
Gw2 Armorsmithing Tips
Farming is a good thing in moderation so go get some tools. This is intended only for making cash it is not really required for any crafting profession. (read above)
Notes on tools:
- Tools have a usage limit indicated by the # located on its icon.
- Tools work for specific areas and if you go into a higher leveling area you may need better tools.
- If you attempt to gather a high level item with a crappy, cheap tool it yields junk.
- There are no gathering professions so anyone can get raw materials.
1. Go to any major city or talk to any vendor to get some tools.
(the guy or lady that has the coins icon)
2. Get a Sickle, Axe, Mining Pick and a cheap Salvage Kit.
- Sickle is good for gathering plants.
- Axe is for trees.
- Mining Pick is for ore.
- Salvage Kits are for extracting raw mats from things you craft and find when questing.
- Salvage all blues and below.
- Sell the greens and above on the TP.
- Sell every mat gathered (except cooking mats).
3. Unlearning a profession.
Go to a new trainer and he will ask you which profession you want to replace.
- Note that the game saves your level when switching back to any profession previously done.
- Changing professions cost some cash.
4. Splitting a stack of materials.
5. Lets get you started.
Go to your trainer if you have not done so and start up the Gw2 Armorsmithing Leveling Guide.